PLANNING DELIVERY ROUTES & FLEET SCHEDULING
A well-planned strategy is essential in ensuring an efficient and mobile fleet that meets the needs of customers. Our professionals use technology to optimize fleet and mobile resource use.
Our software provides advanced route optimization across various scenario planning scenarios ranging from territories and master routes to highly dynamic routing environments driven by real-time demand. This process allows you to reduce costs and improve the quality of your service.
ROUTE PLANNING & IT ENTAIL?
Route planning, as the name implies, is the act of calculating a vehicle's path from point A to point B. The goal of route planning is to cut down on waste and increase efficiency.
HOW DOES ROUTE PLANNING WORK?
In logistics, the route planning system functions in the same way.
The primary goal is to provide as much benefit as possible while using the fewest resources possible.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR ROUTE PLANNING?
When planning a route, there are four things to keep in mind:
- Vehicles: the vehicles that will transport your goods.
- Supply chain management duties are the daily chores that must be completed.
- Constraints are conceivable limits, such as the capacity of a car or time constraints.
- A cost calculator is a tool that can help you determine whether a route is reasonable.
What should you look for in a route planning software system?
- Autonomous Route Planning: AI-driven route planning reduces human error and eliminates the need for human involvement.
- Geocoding that is accurate: Geocoding capabilities that can turn ambiguous addresses into accurate geographic coordinates on a map.
- Vehicle Allocation with Intelligence: Vehicle allocation is intelligently based on traffic, shipment, vehicle type, and other factors.
- Route optimization based on cost: Taking into account a variety of cost options in order to provide the most cost-effective option.
- The best fleet mix: Providing the greatest fleet mix for customers depending on their preferences.
- Delivery on the First Attempt: First Attempt Delivery ensures that deliveries are made in one go, saving you money on storage and redelivery.
- Plan a single route: Returns and regular deliveries are combined in a single route plan for intelligent forward and reverse logistics.
- Automated Escalation is a method of escalating a situation: Notifying authorities in the event of a route deviation or other unexpected circumstances.
- Examining Historical Data: To design routes properly, historical data such as riders’ tribal knowledge, delivery preferences, customers’ favorite time slots, and so on is analyzed.
- Preferences of the Rider: For a smooth transition from traditional routing to an AI-based route planning platform, consider rider abilities, knowledge, and preferences.
What is Real-Time Dynamic Routing Software, and how does it work?
Businesses are increasingly valuing the ability to reroute traffic on the fly. On-demand and scheduled orders are handled optimally by real-time dynamic routing software. If the customer’s orders/preferences change while the rider is out delivering, it can instantaneously update and establish new routes for the rider.
With companies’ routing requirements getting more sophisticated, it’s critical that they select Vehicle Routing solutions that meet their objectives. Real-time solutions can assist intelligently plan routes to improve delivery efficiency and lower costs.
POSSIBILITY OF THE ROUTE BEING AFFECTED?
- Capacity. The vehicle is limited to the amount of freight it can transport based on its technological specifications. First, overloading a car or truck is harmful, and second, overloading a car or truck causes wear on its components. Finally, travel duration may lengthen, implying that the journey may be delayed.
- Windows of time. Delays in the route's execution could be linked to the timetables of the entities involved.
- Activities that are organised. If a courier must transport and accept parcels from clients for later shipment (like DHL does), a delay in receiving one parcel may result in a delay in delivering the next.
Modern route BUILDING ROUTE ALTERNATIVES
- There are no limitations.
- Vehicle capacity and driver workflow were increased.
- The vehicles' work schedule was established (besides capacity constraints).
- Though certain shipments are delayed, we determined the capacity and schedule of cars.